Cleaning kitchen cabinets is a job that requires lots of patience, however, if you keep your kitchen cabinets clean, you will keep them looking new for a long time indeed and extend their longevity as well. Keep the following things in mind when cleaning kitchen cabinets.
Dusting is a must
You must dust your kitchen cabinets from time to time to make sure that no extra dust accumulates in the crevices. If you don’t dust your cabinets on a regular basis, they would become more prone to attracting dirt and dust. So go on and get hold of that furry dust mop and get down to dusting!
Proper way to dust your cabinets
- Remove all the items from inside the cabinets
- Make sure to wipe clean the items as well
- Wipe the interior with a soft cloth
- Do the same for the exterior
Cleaning glass cabinets
If your cabinets have glass panels, it is essential to clean them properly so that the glass stays clean and shiny. Never, spray the cleaner directly on the glass, make sure to put it on a dry cloth.
Proper way to clean the glass panels
- Spray the cleaner on to a cloth
- Now keep moving the cloth in even strokes so that no stains remain on the panel.
Cleaning surfaces which have become soiled
If your kitchen cabinets have become soiled and dirty then its time to give them a thorough and proper cleaning. For this, you will need a soapy cleaning solution and a clean was cloth as well as a dry cloth for wiping away any residue.
Proper way to clean grimy cabinets
- Take some warm water in a plastic bowl and fill it with water
- Add a few drops of dish cleaning solution
- Now dip the cloth in the soapy water and apply it to the cabinet’s surface. Give a thorough and proper cleaning.
- Next, remove all the items from the cabinet and make sure to wipe the interior of the cabinet with the soapy cloth
- After you are done with the cleaning, try wiping the cabinet with a dry cloth to remove any excellent moisture.
Polishing kitchen cabinets
After you have done with cleaning your cabinets it is essential to polish them once in a while to bring out the true colors of the wood and add a professional gloss and shine to your cabinets. However, before applying any sort of varnish or polish, it is necessary that the cabinet is completely clean of any oily stains or residue.
Proper way to polish your cabinets
- Choose a varnish or polish which is closest to your furniture in color
- Apply the polish to a clean cloth
- Rub small areas of cabinets with the polish
- Buff the area with a second clean cloth
- Keep doing the same till you have completely polished the whole cabinet.
Follow the above-mentioned tips to get your cabinets looking spick and span. A Clean kitchen is a welcoming kitchen and nobody likes entering a place which looks dirty and musty. So learn to clean your cabinets and set up a good impression on anyone who decides to pay you a visit.